Does the glue on envelopes contain gluten?

The U.S. Postal Service and the association that represents envelope makers say their glue does not contain harmful gluten.  In fact, there are only a few envelope glue makers in the U.S. and the largest one makes its adhesive from corn. More than 98 percent of all stamps sold by the U.S. Postal Service are self adhesive and do not require licking. The other 2 percent do not contain gluten in the glue.

Click here to see more ingredients you don’t have to worry about.

Learn more about the health and medical experts who who provide you with the cutting-edge resources, tools, news, and more on Gluten-Free Living.
About Our Experts >>

Related Articles