Sponsored: Parsnips & Porcini Mash with Green Chef
The New Year is here and we have a foodie tip that will help you stay on track with your resolutions.
Did you know that swapping parsnips for traditional potatoes adds five grams more fiber? Start your 2018 off fresh with this Green Chef porcini mash side dish that you’ll want to make time and time again. Once you add porcini mushrooms, you’ll have a new favorite recipe.
- ¼ ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 large parsnips
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 ounce chives
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Roughly chop dried porcini mushrooms.
- Cut ends off parsnips and peel. Medium dice parsnips into ½-inch pieces.
- Place porcinis and parsnips in a medium pot. Cover with about 2 inches cold, lightly salted water. Bring to a boil. Cook 16-20 minutes, or until parsnips are tender.
- Remove from heat and reserve about ½ cup cooking water. Strain mushrooms and parsnips. Return to pot. Drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil. Stir.
- Mash porcinis and parsnips with a potato masher or fork into a chunky mash. Add 1-2 tablespoons of the reserved cooking water to reach desired consistency.
- Mince chives and add to pot. Salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
For more innovative chef-crafted gluten-free recipes and meals, check out Green Chef and get $40 off your first box. Green Chef is a fast-growing USDA-certified organic meal kit delivery service that is the first national meal kit to have received Gluten-Free Food Service certification through the Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG) for its three certified gluten-free menus (Paleo, Keto, and Gluten-Free).