This recipe for vegan, gluten-free French toast is a festive way to start your day. Made with holiday nog that is free of dairy, nuts, soy and gluten, whip up a batch for breakfast this season.
1¾ cups Good Karma Dairy Free Holiday Nog
Vegan egg replacement, enough for 4 “eggs”
¼ cup maple syrup plus more for topping
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
Generous pinch of salt
1 12-ounce loaf gluten-free bread, cubed
Fresh fruit, for topping
Dairy free whipped topping
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk Good Karma Dairy Free Holiday Nog, vegan egg replacement, ¼ cup maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla extract and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Slowly fold bread cubes until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate a few hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Grease an 8 x 8-inch square baking pan with vegan butter.
- Pour the French toast mixture into pan and distribute evenly.
- Bake uncovered from 45 to 60 minutes until center is cooked through and the top is golden brown.
- Top as desired and enjoy!
Photo and recipe courtesy of Good Karma.