- 1 pound lean ground beef, chicken or turkey meat
- 1 whole chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cans (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (28 oz) beans of your choice
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in large pot over medium heat.
2. Add onion, chili powder and cumin powder. Stir occasionally so onion doesn’t burn.
3. Add one-pound ground lean meat and cook until no longer pink.
4. Add crushed and whole tomatoes. Stir and continue to heat for approximately 1 hour. Add additional seasoning if desired.
5. Serve alongside gluten-free corn chips and top with sour cream and/or guacamole.
Preparation time: 10 minutes. Cooking time: 30 minutes. Heating time: 1 hour.
As an advocate of natural food and healthy living, Dr. Keith Kantor is a leading nutritionist and the CEO of Service Foods, Inc. He is also the author of What Matters: Leadership Values That Just Might Save America.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/soups-stews/gluten-free-chili/
Copyright ©2020 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.