These deviled eggs are given a local flair with the addition of flaky smoked fish.
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard (or to desired flavor)
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoons smoked coarse ground salt (plus more for garnish)
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- Ground black pepper
- Smoked mullet, for garnish
- Prepare eggs (hard boil, cool and peel) and slice in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in medium bowl. Place whites on a large serving platter.
- In bowl with yolks, add mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper and chile powder. Mash together well until desired consistency.
- Depending on how you like your filling, you may want to add more of either seasonings or mayonnaise/ mustard.
- Pipe the filling into the egg whites and sprinkle with smoked salt. Top with a good sized piece of smoked mullet and serve!
Recipe by Anna Sackett
Photo by Angela and Anna Sackett.