Honey Apple Bruschetta
Makes 18-20 pieces
I love the simple combination of apple, cheese and honey, but I wanted to give those flavors a little holiday makeover. I added tart cranberries, a hint of cinnamon and put it all on a beautifully buttered gluten-free baguette slice.
- 1 gluten-free baguette, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cored, small dice
- ¼ cup chopped dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 6 ounces Gouda cheese, thinly sliced
Make-ahead tip: Slice the baguette and cheese a day or two before the party. Keep in zip-top bags in the fridge until ready to toast and assemble.
Nutrition Analysis (per piece): 110 cal, 7 g fat, 25 mg chol, 125 mg sodium, 10 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 3 g protein.
Lauren Marie, who writes the popular gluten-free food blog LaurenMarieGlutenFree.com, never lets her gluten allergy hold her back from enjoying the delicious things in life.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/snacks-appetizers/honey-apple-bruschetta/
Copyright ©2020 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.