An uncomplicated appetizer salad of mixed baby greens with goat cheese, orange segments and pomegranate seeds sets the scene for an elegant dinner.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of sugar
- Fine sea salt and black pepper
- 6 handfuls mixed baby lettuce leaves, about 5 ounces
- 3 navel oranges, cut into membrane-free segments
- 6 ounces fresh white goat cheese log with herb coating, cut into 12 slices
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds, optional
Whisk the olive oil, wine vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper together until creamy looking. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Can be refrigerated and re-whisked later.
When ready to serve, place the dressing in a large bowl. Add the lettuce mix and toss lightly to coat. Divide among six plates and tuck in the orange segments. Overlap two slices of goat cheese on each serving and scatter with pomegranate seeds if using.
Nutrition Analysis: 200 cal, 16 g fat, 30 mg, 140 mg sodium, 11 g carbs, 2 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 6 g protein.
Recipes © copyright 2015 by Jacqueline Mallorca.
The author of more than a dozen cookbooks, Gluten-Free Living Food Editor Jacqueline Mallorca has written titles including The Wheat-Free Cook and Gluten-Free Italian.