Gluten-Free Hawaiian Chicken Skewers
Looking for a simple and healthy appetizer or light meal? These gluten-free skewers will put you in a tropical frame of mind!
Coral Barajas is an award winning author, creator of @glutenfreewithcoral, and host of the No. 1 gluten-free podcast, Gluten Free You and Me. She provides hope, inspiration and resources, and through her advocacy, she has created a safe and uplifting community for all gluten-free warriors.
- [Image]: https://cdn.glutenfreeliving.com/2021/01/Coral-Barajas-Headshot.jpg
- @glutenfreewithcoral: https://instagram.com/glutenfreewithcoral
- 1/4 cups pineapple chunks plus 2 3/4 cups pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup oil (avocado, olive, etc.)
- 1 tbsp minced ginger root
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Redmond Real Salt
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 2 cups zucchini squash cut into chunks
- 3-4 chicken breasts
1. Combine ¼ cup pineapple, oil, ginger, lemon juice, and salt in a small bowl.
2. Puree mixture in a blender or food processor
3. Pour mixture into a small bowl. Add chopped cilantro and set aside to use as glaze during the grilling process.
4. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
5. Skewer pieces of chicken, remaining pineapple, and zucchini on metal or pre-soaked bamboo skewers.
6. Grill skewers for 12 to 15 minutes, turning every 4 to 5 minutes.
7. Brush the chicken with the glaze periodically while grilling.
8. Garnish skewers with any extra glaze and seasonings.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/snacks-appetizers/gluten-free-hawaiian-chicken-skewers/
Copyright ©2022 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.