- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup ripe avocado, diced
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon red peppercorns
- 3 spring onions with ends removed
- 3 thin slices smoked salmon
- Peel hard boiled eggs and cut in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in a mixing bowl. Add avocado, vinegar, relish, dry mustard and salt. Mix well, mashing the yolks and avocado with a fork.
- Lay two inch strips of thin sliced smoked salmon in small egg dishes. Lay one spring onion on top. Spoon or pipe yolk and avocado mixture into the halved egg whites. Sprinkle with red peppercorns. Tie spring onions over eggs.
Cannot be frozen.
This recipe originally appeared on the cover of #2/2013