Sriracha and avocado take this deviled egg recipe to a sweet and spicy, modernized flavor profile. Eggs may be prepared up to a day in advance, with or without filling, and stored tightly covered in the refrigerator.
- 1 dozen large hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup homemade or olive-oil-based mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked sea salt (divided)
- 1 tablespoon sriracha, plus extra for garnish
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise.
- Pop yolks from whites, and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add avocado and mash together to eliminate clumps. (Can be made in food processor, if you prefer.)
- Add mayonnaise, lime juice, honey, 1/4 teaspoon smoked sea salt, 1 tablespoon sriracha.
- Blend well to combine all ingredients.
- Add filling to a piping bag or plastic bag, and pipe into egg white halves.
- Garnish just before serving. To garnish, drizzle eggs with several drops sriracha (to taste), then top with a sprinkle of cilantro leaves and if desired, a dash of smoked sea salt.
Recipe by Angela Sackett (dancingwithmyfather.net).
Photo by Angela and Anna Sackett.