This savory recipe is a perfect low-carb addition to any summer meal and pairs well with a bit of melted butter or topped with cheese.
- [Image]: http://cdn.glutenfreeliving.com/2016/07/Zucchini-bread-1.jpg
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups zucchini (1 medium zucchini), shredded
- Shredded mozzarella or Parmesan cheese to top, optional
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Grease the sides and bottom of 2 mini loaf pans (5½ x 3).
In a large bowl, beat coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract on high for 30 seconds.
In a medium bowl, mix together almond flour, baking soda, and sea salt.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat for 15 to 20 seconds on high, until blended.
Add in the shredded zucchini.
Place half of the batter in each mini loaf pan.
Bake for 45 minutes. If using cheese, add it to the top of each loaf with 15 minutes left.
Nutrition Analysis: 170 cal, 12 g fat, 90 mg chol, 195 mg sodium, 8 g carbs, 2 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 6 g protein.
Recipe by Candice DeForest, a gluten-free recipe developer and writer at http://wholehealthhacks.com.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/sides/zucchini-bread/
Copyright ©2019 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.