Tuna with White Beans, Celery and Peppers
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 2-ounce can white tuna in water, drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil or baby spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and pepper and sauté for several minutes. Stir in the beans and cook for 2 minutes longer.
Add the tuna and break it up slightly with a spatula. Add the basil and cook just until it wilts. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot, at room temperature or cold.
Courtesy of Oldways, oldwayspt.org.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/sides/tuna-with-white-beans-celery-and-peppers/
Copyright ©2021 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.