Stewed Green Beans with Crumb Topping
A generous amount of crumb topping soaks in the herb-infused tomato juices.
- 1/2 container (15.8 oz) Pillsbury® Gluten Free refrigerated pie and pastry dough
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled gluten-free feta cheese
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Grease baking sheet. Crumble dough and almonds with hands until dough is softened. Shape into a flat disk. Place between 2 sheets of cooking parchment or waxed paper. Roll into a 10-inch circle. Carefully peel off top sheet of paper. Replace paper to cover loosely. Carefully turn dough over to remove second sheet of paper. Use paper to carefully turn dough over filling; remove paper. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until bottom of crust begins to brown; cool on wire rack.
2. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook and stir onions 5 minutes or just until softened. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in green beans; cover and heat over medium-low heat 7 to 10 minutes or until beans are crisp tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in undrained tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper; heat to boiling. Spoon mixture into 2-quart casserole.
3. Meanwhile ,in medium bowl crumble crust and cheese until combined. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over bean mixture.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until topping begins to brown.
Preparation time: Prep Time: 20 Minutes (Start to Finish: 40 Minutes).
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/sides/stewed-green-beans-crumb-topping/
Copyright ©2020 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.