These delicious and nutritious Spinach Sausage Balls can be prepped, frozen ahead of time and pulled out to enjoy at a moment’s notice!
- 1 12-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 pound cooked ground sausage
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup salted butter
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch cayenne
Press spinach in a strainer to remove all water. Combine all remaining ingredients. Using a small scoop, place rounded balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve immediately or, to freeze, cool to room temperature and freeze in a tightly sealed container for up to 1 month.
To reheat: Warm at 300° F on a baking sheet for 15 minutes.