Provençal Green Lentil Salad
All lentils are amazingly high in protein. The little French green ones are half the size of regular brown lentils, have a firmer texture, and cook faster.
- 1 cup small green lentils
- 1 small red bell pepper, grilled, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage leaves
- ½ teaspoon sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Add the lentils to 3 cups boiling, lightly salted water. Cook until tender, about 25 minutes, and drain well. Meanwhile, combine the bell pepper, onion, parsley, olive oil, vinegar, sage, salt and generous grinding of black pepper in a serving bowl. Add the warm lentils, and toss well. Cool to room temperature before serving.
Cooking time: 25 minutes.
(This recipe originally appeared in #2/2012)
This recipe came from TruRoots, a Northern California-based company that deals exclusively with organic farmers, and packages many different kinds of gluten-free ancient grains, lentils and seeds. You can find more recipes on their website at truroots.com.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/sides/provencal-green-lentil-salad/
Copyright ©2020 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.