One-Pan Egg Roll
Craving the classic flavors of an egg roll but without the wrapper? This one-pan version is an incredibly simple meal that’s made with a variety of vegetables and tastes just like a traditional egg roll.
-Michelle Hoover, The Autoimmune Cookbook
- -Michelle Hoover, The Autoimmune Cookbook: https://unboundwellness.com/about/
- 1 pound (454 g) ground pork
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) coconut oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 cup (110 g) shredded carrot
- 2 heads baby bok choy, base trimmed
- 1 medium head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup (96 g) mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons (12 g) chopped scallion
In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the ground pork and 3/4 teaspoon of salt. Cook for 7 to 8 minutes, or until browned, breaking up the meat with the back of a spoon. Remove from the skillet and set aside. Discard the fat and return the skillet to medium heat.
Add the coconut oil to the skillet to melt.
Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
Add the carrot and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the bok choy, cabbage, and mushroom and stir to combine.
Stir in the vinegar, coconut aminos, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes to cook down the cabbage.
Stir in the pork and cook for 1 minute more, or until warmed. 8. Remove from heat and serve warm topped with the scallion.
Preparation time: 15 minutes. Cooking time: 25 minutes.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/sides/one-pan-egg-roll/
Copyright ©2023 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.