Julian Bakery Paleo Bread Stuffing Recipe
- 6 cups gluten-free Almond Paleo Bread, chopped into 2- x 2-inch cubes (about 10 slices)
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped into small cubes
- 5 pieces of bacon, diced
- 4 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, diced
- 1 lb. ground pork sausage or country style
- 1 punnet (small basket) sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cut-up pit-less dates, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Cover two separate baking sheets with parchment paper and place bread cubes on one and sweet potatoes on the other. Bake for about 30 minutes, until bread is lightly crispy and sweet potatoes are tender. Remove and set aside.
2. While bread and sweet potatoes are baking, place diced bacon in a skillet on medium-high heat and let the fat seep.
3. Once bacon has cooked down, add celery and onions. Let the onions becomes translucent, then add the pork sausage, mushrooms, chicken broth and white wine vinegar. Cook until the pork is just brown/cooked through. Add in sage, thyme and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Remove contents from skillet and place in a large bowl. Add the beaten eggs, sweet potatoes, bread, pecans and dates. Mix well.
5. Switch oven to 375 degrees F and transfer contents from large bowl into a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the stuffing is lightly browned.
Baking time: 45 to 50 minutes.
Note: There is no butter or oil in this recipe.
Resource: Julian Bakery
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/sides/julian-bakery-paleo-bread-stuffing-recipe/
Copyright ©2020 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.