Creamy Herbed Potato Salad
Serves 4 to 6
For a more healthful take on creamy potato salad, this recipe swaps Greek yogurt for fatty sour cream and mayonnaise and adds plenty of fresh vegetables and herbs.
- [Image]: http://cdn.glutenfreeliving.com/2015/03/potato-salad-smaller.jpg
- Potato Salad
- 3 pounds baby red potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ cup chopped shallots
- 3 large radishes, thinly sliced
- Creamy Herbed Dressing
- 10.6 ounces plain non-fat Greek yogurt, or about 1¼ cups
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Wash the potatoes and cut them in half and then in half again. Place potatoes in a large pot with the salt and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and simmer until potatoes are fork-tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
While potatoes are cooking make the dressing. In a medium bowl, add all dressing ingredients and stir until combined.
Place potatoes into a large bowl and add the shallots, radishes and dressing. Mix until all the ingredients are combined. Salt to taste. Can be served warm or cold.
Nutrition Analysis: 200 cal, .5 g fat, 5 mg chol, 540 mg sodium, 41 g carbs, 4 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 10 g protein.
Recipe and photos by Isadora Lassance. Lassance lives in Tucson, Arizona, with her husband and their orange cat, Cheeto. She blogs about whole food and seasonal ingredients at shelikesfood.com.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/sides/creamy-herbed-potato-salad/
Copyright ©2019 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.