Creamy Cauliflower Risotto with Peas and Asparagus
This recipe was inspired by a risotto we made years ago for Easter brunch with dear friends, created in 2010 by Annie at Everyday Annie. Our friends still talk about it all these years later, and it’s the perfect celebration of the bright and green flavors of spring. This version replaces heavier rice with cauliflower for a lighter yet still creamy dish.
- ½ sweet onion, minced
- 4 green onions, white and green parts separated, chopped
- 4 fresh asparagus stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces with tough ends discarded
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 cups riced cauliflower, frozen or fresh
- ¼ cup white wine, optional
- Grated zest and juice of one lemon
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
Place the sweet onion, white parts of the green onion and asparagus with salt and pepper in a deep heavy pan with olive oil and butter.
Sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes.
Add cauliflower, wine and lemon juice to pan and cook for 5 minutes, or until juices are reduced.
Stir in Greek yogurt and ¼ cup cheese and stir well to combine; continue cooking for 3 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly.
Stir in peas and green parts of onion and cook 3 minutes longer.
Serve topped with chives and lemon zest and remaining cheese.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/sides/creamy-cauliflower-risotto-with-peas-and-asparagus/
Copyright ©2021 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.