Creamy Cauliflower Mash
For good health, grains should never be the main focus of your meal due to their high carbohydrate content. Cooked or raw nonstarchy vegetables should take up at least half your plate, followed by lean and clean protein choices (about one quarter of your plate) and a dollop of healthy fat. This gluten-free Cauliflower Mash makes a delicious and nutritious low-carb side dish for any main course!
A lifelong celiac, Lisa Cantkier is an educator, coach and writer specializing in nutrition and health. She is the coauthor of the celiac- and diabetes-friendly cookbook, The Paleo Diabetes Diet Solution. Follow her on social media at @LisaCantkier and contact her by email at [email protected].
- [Image]: https://cdn.glutenfreeliving.com/2015/05/lisa-headshot.jpg
- 1 large cauliflower head, chopped into pieces
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 medium onion, sautéed (optional)
1. Steam cauliflower and garlic for 10 minutes and then drain.
2. In a food processor, combine all ingredients and process until smooth like mashed potatoes.
Serving size: 1/4 of total recipe.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/sides/creamy-cauliflower-mash/
Copyright ©2023 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.