If you’re gluten free, you may be missing some of your special bread and roll recipes. But fear not — with these Sweet Bread Rolls from Coral Ward, you’ve found a new favorite!
Get more gluten-free side recipes in our Sides section.
Coral Ward is an award winning author, creator of @glutenfreewithcoral, and host of the No. 1 gluten-free podcast, Gluten Free You and Me. She provides hope, inspiration and resources, and through her advocacy, she has created a safe and uplifting community for all gluten-free warriors.
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour blend, e.g., Namaste, Bob's Red Mill (If dairy free, be sure to purchase a dairy-free blend)
- 1 3.4-ounce box vanilla instant pudding
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar (organic cane sugar preferred)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water (105°F-110°F)
- 1/4 cup milk (or dairy-free substitute), warmed
- 2 tablespoons butter or dairy-free margarine, melted
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1. Mix together flour, pudding, instant yeast, sugar, and salt. Mixing on low speed, add in the hot water, butter, egg, milk, and cider vinegar. Mix on medium speed for 3 minutes.
2. Grease muffin pans. Wet hands, and using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, scoop 1/3 cup of dough and roll into a ball. Place in muffin tin. Repeat until all dough is divided and into the pans. (Wet hands help this process.)
3. Cover with a dry towel and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour. During the last few minutes that the rolls are rising, preheat oven to 400°F.
4. Bake on the top rack for 10-12 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Brush rolls with additional 1 tablespoon of melted butter.
5. Enjoy, and share with your family and friends this holiday season! Or don’t… 😉
Copyright Coral Ward.