Rice is a gluten-free guy or gal’s best friend, but it can get a little boring, right? Here is a quick and easy way to make rice new and fun!
Coral Barajas is an award winning author, creator of @glutenfreewithcoral, and host of the No. 1 gluten-free podcast, Gluten Free You and Me. She provides hope, inspiration and resources, and through her advocacy, she has created a safe and uplifting community for all gluten-free warriors.
- [Image]: https://cdn.glutenfreeliving.com/2021/01/Coral-Barajas-Headshot.jpg
- @glutenfreewithcoral: https://instagram.com/glutenfreewithcoral
- Olive oil
- Chicken broth
- Chopped onion
- Garlic cloves
- Lime juice
- Lime zest
- Lime wedges
1. Heat up oil on hot skillet. Add rice and onion. Sauté, stirring frequently until rice is lightly browned and onions translucent.
2. In blender, blend tomatillos, cilantro, garlic, and chicken broth until blended to liking.
3. Add chicken broth mixture to sautéed rice and onions. Bring to a boil. Stir in corn if desired. Then turn on low and cover with lid not fully on straight, allowing some steam to vent out.
4. Fluff rice with fork while adding lime zest evenly throughout. Add lime zest or wedges as garnish. Sprinkle remaining cilantro leaves as garnish if desired. Serve warm
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/sides/cilantro-lime-rice/
Copyright ©2022 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.