Celeriac with Mustard Mayonnaise
Actually the knobby root of the celery plant, celeriac (also known as celery root) is pale tan on the outside and white within. It has a firm texture somewhat like a big radish and a lovely aniseed-like flavor.
- 1 celeriac ( 3⁄4 to 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice mixed with 2 cups cold water
- 6 tablespoons (3 ounces) mayonnaise, such as Trader Joe’s Organic Mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons (2 ounces) plain European-style yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
Calories: 190, Carbohydrates: 10 g, Protein: 2 g, Fat: 16 g, Cholesterol: 10 mg, Sodium: 350 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Gluten-Free Living Food Editor Jackie Mallorca has more than a dozen cookbooks to her credit. Her latest titles include The Wheat-Free Cook: Gluten-Free Recipes for Everyone and Gluten-Free Italian.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/sides/celeriac-with-mustard-mayonnaise/
Copyright ©2021 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.