- 1 loaf of Canyon Bakehouse Focaccia
- 6 tablespoons butter, more for baking dish
- 1 large onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 pound mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 8 oz. pancetta or bacon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 eggs
1 . Preheat oven to 400 degrees F to toast the focaccia. Once the focaccia is toasted then preheat the oven to 350 degrees F to bake the stuffing.
2. Butter a shallow baking dish; a 15- x10- x 2-inch baking dish works well.
3 . Cut the focaccia into cubes and bake on a baking sheet at 400 degrees F until golden brown, or for approximately 15- 20 minutes to toast. Cool the focaccia cubes before using.
4 . Chop the onion, carrots, celery, mushrooms, garlic and parsley.
5. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta and sauté until crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove pancetta and place on a dish lined with a paper towel.
6. Add the remaining butter to same pan over medium heat and add the onions, carrots, celery, garlic and mushrooms. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sauté until tender about 12 minutes.
7. In large bowl add the sautéed vegetables, parmesan cheese and focaccia cubes. Add the chicken broth to moisten.
8. Beat 2 eggs and add the eggs and pancetta to vegetables, cheese and focaccia. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add the parsley.
9. Mix well to combine all the ingredients.
10. Transfer the stuffing to the baking dish. Bake for approximately 40 minutes at 350 degrees F or until the stuffing is golden brown.
Resource: Canyon Bakehouse