Use this homemade gluten-free barbecue sauce in our Crock-Pot™ Pulled Pork or in your own favorite recipes.
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1 cup gluten-free beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can diced pineapple, 8 ounces if unsweetened, 20 ounces if sweetened
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and cook on the stove over medium heat, stirring frequently. Once the sauce starts to boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 60 minutes.
Remove the sauce from the heat and pour it into a blender or a food processor and process until it has a sauce consistency.
Return the sauce to the pan to keep warm until ready to serve. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Analysis (per ½ cup): 80 cal, 2.5 g fat, 0 mg chol, 610 mg sodium, 14 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 9 g sugar, 3 g protein.
Recipes by George Bryant, the California-based author of the New York Times best-selling cookbook, The Paleo Kitchen. He also blogs at civilizedcavemancooking.com, developing gluten-, grain- and dairy-free recipes.