Winter Panzanella Salad
Roasted butternut and acorn squash, parsnips and turnips have particular appeal at this time of year. These healthy and naturally gluten-free vegetables show up in a colorful and filling winter salad.
- [Image]: http://cdn.glutenfreeliving.com/2016/01/full-winter-panzanella.jpg
- 2 cups carrots, trimmed and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 cups parsnips, peeled, trimmed and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 cups turnips, trimmed and cut into ½-inch pieces
- ½ large red onion, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon plus 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups gluten free-bread, cut into ½ inch pieces (ciabatta works well)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ²⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¹⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Preheat the oven to 425° F. Place the vegetables on a large cookie sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Bake vegetables until tender and beginning to caramelize, 35-40 minutes, turning once.
Add 3 teaspoons of olive oil to a large pan and place over medium heat. Add the bread and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook bread until crispy on the outside, 10-15 minutes.
Put the vinaigrette ingredients into a large bowl. Whisk until combined and then add roasted vegetables, toasted bread and fresh parsley. Stir until all ingredients are combined. Serve warm or cold.
Recipe by Isadora Lassance. Lassance lives in Tucson, Arizona, with her husband and their orange cat, Cheeto. She blogs shelikesfood.com, a mostly gluten-free food blog that celebrates whole food and seasonal ingredients.
Nutrition analysis: 600 cal, 43 g fat, 0 mg chol, 1010 mg sodium, 53 g carbs, 8 g fiber, 15 g sugar, 4 g protein.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/salads/winter-panzanella-salad/
Copyright ©2022 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.