Serving summery, mango-studded chicken salad in lettuce wraps is the perfect way to promote a festive atmosphere and please a gluten-free crowd with a party mindset. Drizzle with a fantastic avocado dressing for a pretty presentation.
- For the Chicken Salad:
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 1 fresh mango, peeled and cut into bite-size cubes
- 1/4 cup organic mayonnaise
- 1 heaping tablespoon whole-grain gluten-free mustard
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- For the Dressing:
- 2 whole avocados, peeled and mashed
- 1 orange, squeezed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange or cider vinegar
- 2 tomatillos, quartered
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken and mango in a mixing bowl.
- Fold until just combined.
- Add in rest of ingredients and stir until mayonnaise is fully incorporated.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend for 30 seconds.
- Drizzle dressing over chicken and lightly toss to combine.
- Then spoon chicken salad into individual lettuce ‘cups’.
Optional: Top each one with remaining dressing and coarse ground salt.
Nutrition Analysis (for filling only): 510 cal, 42 g fat, 40 mg chol, 500 mg sodium, 26 g carbs, 9 g fiber, 15 g sugar, 14 g protein.
Recipe by Anna Sackett