Quinoa Salad with Goat Cheese, Apricots & Cilantro
If fresh stone fruit is not in season, cover ready-to-eat dried apricots with boiling water and let stand for 20 minutes; then drain and chop.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1½ cups (9 ounces) white quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2¼ cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 6 to 8 apricots or 2 nectarines (about 8 ounces), pitted and diced
- 4 ounces fresh white goat cheese, in small chunks
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or mint, plus extra for garnish
- 3 to 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
Calories: 390, Carbohydrates: 49 g, Protein: 16 g, Fat: 16 g, Cholesterol: 15 mg, Sodium: 690 mg, Fiber: 6 g
Gluten-Free Living Food Editor Jackie Mallorca has over a dozen cookbooks to her credit. Her latest titles include The Wheat-Free Cook and Gluten-Free Italian.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/salads/quinoa-salad-with-goat-cheese-apricots-cilantro/
Copyright ©2022 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.