Grilled Peach Salad with Goat Cheese
You might not immediately think of peaches when grill season begins, but this flavorful fruit, fresh off the grill, is combined with goat cheese, almonds and mint in a tasty salad perfect for backyard dining.
- [Image]: http://cdn.glutenfreeliving.com/2015/07/grilled-peach-salad.jpg
- WHITE BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon shallots, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 large peaches
- 6 cups spring mix lettuce
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup toasted almonds, chopped
- ¼ cup lightly packed mint leaves
Mix all vinaigrette ingredients in a medium bowl, whisking until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Heat the grill to medium temperature.
Cut the peaches in half and remove the pit. Brush the cut side of each peach with a small amount of vinaigrette.
Place peaches, cut side down, on the grill for 5-10 minutes, until peaches are slightly heated through. Take the peaches off the grill and cut them into small wedges.
In a large bowl, add the spring mix, grilled peach slices, goat cheese crumbles, chopped almonds and mint.
Drizzle with desired amount of dressing and toss until everything is combined.
Nutrition Analysis: 310 cal, 27 g fat, 5 mg chol, 100 mg sodium, 15 g carbs, 4 g fiber, 9 g sugar, 7 g protein.
Isadora Lassance lives in Tucson, Arizona, with her husband and their orange cat, Cheeto. She blogs about whole food and seasonal ingredients at shelikesfood.com.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/salads/grilled-peach-salad/
Copyright ©2020 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.