Exploding with fresh flavors and chock full of vitamins and minerals, this cool cucumber salad utilizes the spiralizer. Don’t have one? This dish can be made by julienning or using a vegetable peeler instead.
- 2 seedless cucumbers, spiralized
- ¼ cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup pickled, sliced pepperoncini peppers
- 12 slices pepperoni or salami
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
In a large bowl, combine cucumber, onion and tomatoes.
Whisk together dressing ingredients and toss half of the dressing with salad.
Layer remaining salad ingredients on top of salad in a large serving bowl in the order listed.
Taste and add dressing as desired and serve immediately.
Salad may be prepared and chilled for up to one day in advance.
Nutrition Analysis: 240 cal, 19 g fat, 30 mg chol, 1020 mg sodium, 11 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 6 g protein
Recipe and photo by Angela Sackett, a photographer at Legacy Seven Studios and writer at saletlux.com and dancingwithmyfather.net, where she shares recipes and hospitality tips.