- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 cups peeled and sliced grapefruit
- 1 large chopped cucumber peeled and seeded
- 1 bunch of mint leaves (approximately 10 large leaves)
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 1 chopped fennel bulb
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Combine all ingredients in large salad bowl and serve. The juice from the grapefruit acts as dressing; no need for extra dressing.
Serving size: 1 to 2 cups.
Nutrition Analysis: 80 cal, 3.5 g fat, 0 mg chol, 30 mg sodium, 12 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 2 g protein.
As an advocate of natural food and healthy living, Dr. Keith Kantor is a leading nutritionist and the CEO of Service Foods, Inc.