What better way to spend a beautiful summer afternoon than by packing up a picnic basket and relaxing in the sunshine. This gluten-free Creamy Chicken Salad with Yogurt and Apples is the perfect addition to any warm weather get-together, and is as easy to make as it is delicious. Just combine a few simple ingredients for a refreshing meal you can enjoy all summer long. This tasty treat can be served immediately or covered and chilled until ready to serve. Just be sure to make enough to go around!
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast, chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, peeled and chopped
Put cottage cheese, lemon juice, mustard, honey, yogurt, milk, salt and pepper into the blender and purée until smooth; set aside.
Put chicken, celery, green onions and apples into a large bowl. Add the cottage cheese mixture and stir gently to coat. Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Calories: 180, Carbohydrates: 10 g, Protein: 29 g, Fat: 3 g, Cholesterol: 90 mg, Sodium: 410 mg