Apple and Pecan Salad
For this fresh apple and pecan salad recipe feel free to adjust quantities of ingredients. For example, if you really like the pecans, just add more. This is a light way to get any large holiday meal started right.
– Megan Adams Brown, Certified Health Coach
- – Megan Adams Brown, Certified Health Coach: https://meganadamsbrown.com
- 6-8 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 of a red cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 of a red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
Combine ingredients in a large salad bowl. Note: Depending on how many you’re serving and your preferences, feel free to adjust quantities of ingredients. For example if you really like the pecans, add more.
In a small bowl combine dressing ingredients and whisk to combine.
Before serving, dress salad and toss to coat evenly.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/salads/apple-and-pecan-salad/
Copyright ©2019 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.