Gluten-Free Thai Fish Curry with Jasmine Rice
Makes 4 servings
This extremely quick gluten-free Thai fish curry recipe features a rich and spicy coconut broth with fresh herbs and vegetables. This gorgeously fragrant dinner is ready in 15 minutes!
- [Image]: //cdn.glutenfreeliving.com/2017/08/Curry-breakdown.jpg
- Steamed jasmine rice, prepared as directed on package and enough to serve 4
- 1 4-ounce jar of Thai green curry paste
- 1 13.5-ounce can coconut milk
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- ½ pound firm white fish fillets, cubed into bite-size chunks (cod, haddock, tilapia, etc.; shrimp would be delicious as well)
- 1 medium red or yellow bell pepper, de-seeded and julienned
- ½ cup (4-ounce can) bamboo shoots, drained well
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup green onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 red Thai chili, sliced into thin rounds (optional for garnish)
Prepare the needed amount of jasmine rice as directed on package.
In a medium-sized pot (3.5 quarts or larger), whisk together the curry paste, coconut milk and vegetable stock till all the paste and liquid are smooth and well incorporated.
On medium-high heat, bring this to a gentle boil and bubble for 3 to 4 minutes before adding the fish cubes.
Turn the heat down to low, cover and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until the fish cubes are cooked through.
Add the sliced bell peppers, bamboo shoots and a bit of salt and pepper to the pot. Stir well and simmer on low heat uncovered for 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the fresh green onions, cilantro and chili slices, if using, to the pot, stir well and cook for 1 minute.
Turn off the heat and serve immediately in deep bowls with the steamed jasmine rice. Enjoy.
Jilly Lagasse began cooking as a child when her father, Chef Emeril Lagasse, gave her a set of chef’s whites and let her help in the pastry and dessert department in one of his restaurants. She was diagnosed with celiac disease in 2004 and has written two gluten-free cookbooks with her sister, Jessie Lagasse Swanson, as the duo The Lagasse Girls, www.lagassegirls.com. She splits her time between New Orleans and New York doing special cooking events and gluten-free pop-ups.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/main-dish/thai-fish-curry-jasmine-rice/
Copyright ©2021 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.