Sweet Potato Hash Pie
Update an old-fashioned hash with sweet potatoes and by adding a flaky pastry top.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb white potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (2 1/4 cups)
- 1 1/2 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (4 cups)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons Betty Crocker™ All-Purpose Gluten Free Rice Flour Blend
- 1/2 container (15.8 oz) Pillsbury® Gluten Free refrigerated pie and pastry dough
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free grated Parmesan cheese, if desired
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Grease 2 quart round baking dish.
2. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté white potatoes 5 minutes, stirring occasionally; add sweet potatoes and sauté 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes longer or until potatoes are firm but tender. Stir in basil, oregano, salt, pepper and cayenne.
3. In 2-cup measure, stir together chicken broth and rice flour blend. Push potatoes to one side of skillet. Over medium heat, quickly whisk in broth mixture until bubbly; stir potato mixture into sauce; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon potato mixture into baking dish.
4. Knead dough until softened and no longer crumbly. Flatten into a round. Place between 2 sheets of cooking parchment or waxed paper. Roll into a 10-inch circle. Cut dough into 6 to 8 circles, using a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter. Place circles of dough evenly over sweet potato mixture. Sprinkle dough with Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake 12 to 18 minutes or until pastry is dry and begins to brown.
Preparation time: 30 Minutes (Start to Finish: 45 Minutes). Cooking time: 15 minutes. Baking time: 12 to 18 minutes.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/main-dish/sweet-potato-hash-pie/
Copyright ©2019 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.