SPONSORED: Super Veggie Bread Bake
This savory baked bread dish is sure to please everyone. A quick and easy vegetarian dish suitable for all.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 9 slices Schär Artisan Baker 10 Grains & Seeds Bread, cubed into bite-sized pieces
- 2.5 ounces spinach, roughly chopped (about 2 large handfuls)
- 5 crimini mushrooms, de-stemmed and chopped
- 1 medium Roma tomato, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of crushed red chili flakes (optional)
- 3¼ cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Grease a 10 x 14-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking oil. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add the bread cubes to the prepared baking dish. Scatter the spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes and green onions on top.
- With clean hands toss gently to mix well and incorporate all the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and a bit of crushed red chili flakes, if using.
- In a measuring jug, combine the stock and eggs and whisk until the eggs are beaten.
- Pour this mixture over top and pat down with a spoon to ensure all bread is covered and soaking up the liquid.
- Let stand for 20 minutes so all the bread can absorb the liquid slightly.
- Bake at 375 degrees F uncovered for 30 minutes, then take out of oven and sprinkle the cheese generously over top.
- Place back in the oven uncovered and cook for 15 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the cheese is melted and gooey. Serve either warm or cool.
Nutritional Analysis per serving: Calories: 326, Carbohydrates: 35g, Protein: 17g, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 109mg, Sodium: 454mg, Fiber: 6g
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/main-dish/super-veggie-bread-bake/
Copyright ©2021 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.