Your family will surely fall in love with this mouthwatering lasagna. With Barilla Gluten Free Oven-Ready Lasagne at its base, this is a simple, yet delicious way to enjoy the classic Italian dish, gluten free. With no boiling needed, simply layer the hearty flavors, Italian cheeses and fresh vegetables. This flavorful recipe is sure to make family time more enjoyable all around.
For more recipes visit Barilla.com.
- 1 box Barilla® Gluten Free Oven-Ready Lasagne
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup onion, diced into small pieces
- ½ cup multi-colored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup asparagus, sliced into small pieces
- ½ cup carrots, diced into small pieces
- ½ lb. ground beef
- ½ lb. gound pork
- 1 pint yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 56 oz. San Marzano peeled tomatoes, crushed
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 tbsp. oregano, chopped
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1 cup Parmigiano cheese, grated
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400. In a large skillet, add extra virgin olive oil and onions and sauté for 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic, cook for approximately 1 minute and add the ground beef and ground pork. Brown the meat well over high heat (about 10 minutes).
Deglaze with red wine and simmer until wine has reduced (approximately 2-3 minutes).
Add yellow cherry tomatoes and San Marzano tomatoes, bring to a boil and season with salt and pepper. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the asparagus and carrots and cook for 1 minute. Then, remove the skillet from the heat.
In a 13 x 9 greased pan, layer ⅙ of the sauce mixture on the bottom of the pan. Cover with three lasagna sheets, Parmigiano cheese, mozzarella and sauce. Repeat this process until you have five layers. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.
Uncover and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes. Allow lasagna to set approximately 10-15 minutes before cutting and serving.