Spinach & Red Onion Orzo
Vegan and dairy, gluten, nut and sugar free
- 2 pounds fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound gluten-free orzo
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup Go Veggie! Dairy-Free Parmesan Cheese
Cook orzo according to package. Remove from heat and drain.
Calories: 510, Carbohydrates: 82 g, Protein: 12 g , Fat: 17 g , Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 520 mg , Fiber: 9 g
Recipe by Amie Valpone, a Manhattan-based personal chef, culinary marketing consultant, recipe developer and food writer who specializes in simple gluten-free recipes for the home cook. See our interview with Valpone about healthy eating on page 26. She blogs at thehealthyapple.com.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/main-dish/spinach-red-onion-orzo/
Copyright ©2020 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.