- ½ pound (about 12) large shrimp, pre-cooked, peeled + deveined
- 2 large ripened tomatoes, roughly diced
- ⅓ cup yellow onion, roughly diced
- 1 medium jalapeño, de-seeded and diced (more or less depending on heat desired)
- Juice of 4 fresh limes
- Small handful fresh cilantro, roughly chopped, including stems (about 2 tbsp)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 to 4 dashes Mexican hot sauce of choice (I like Valentina hot sauce for this)
- 8 store-bought gluten-free tostadas
- Fresh cilantro, roughly torn or chopped to garnish
First start by preparing the ceviche. In a large bowl, combine all of the ceviche ingredients together with a bit of salt and pepper to taste. Stir gently to mix well and combine all the ingredients.
Taste and adjust to your desired taste; you might want more lime-juice, more salt, more hot sauce, etc.
When it’s to your desired taste, cover with cling film and place in the fridge for about 20 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
After 20 minutes, plate the ceviche. Place the tostadas on a large plate and top each with a serving of ceviche. Top with a sprinkling of cilantro and enjoy straight away.
Eat this ceviche within 24 hours of making for optimal freshness.