Roasted Wild Salmon with Warm Tomato Vinaigrette
- 4 pieces wild salmon, each about 4 ounces
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, or ½ teaspoon dried
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons slivered, pitted, drained Kalamata olives
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 large clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 large bunch rapini, rough ends trimmed and larger stalks peeled
- ⅓ cup filtered water
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil on a baking sheet. Add fish onto prepared baking sheet and season with salt, pepper and paprika. Sprinkle with thyme and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Roast in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until fish is opaque and flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and hot pepper flakes; cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tomatoes are just starting to shrivel. Add olives and vinegar; cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until olives are heated through. At this point, if the fish is not finished cooking, turn off the heat on the tomato mixture and set aside. Just before serving, reheat tomato mixture and stir in basil.
In a large skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, about 1 minute. Add the water and rapini, and bring to a simmer. Then reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for about 5-6 minutes, until the rapini is tender. Increase the heat to medium and sauté until the remaining water evaporates.
Divide the rapini among 4 serving plates. Place the salmon on the bed of rapini and top with the tomato sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/main-dish/roasted-wild-salmon-with-warm-tomato-vinaigrette/
Copyright ©2021 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.