Roast Rosemary Pork Chops With Apples and Potatoes
Feel free to use either bone-in or boneless pork chops for this succulent recipe from Jilly Lagasse. And for a nice touch, try serving Jilly’s Herby Honey Mustard Sauce alongside this dish for dunking or drizzling.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free and nut free.
- Herby Honey Mustard Sauce: http://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/sides/herby-honey-mustard-sauce/
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, about ½ inch thick and about 1½ pounds total
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (I use Emeril's Original Essence Seasoning)
- 2 medium apples, cored and sliced (I used jazz apples, but you can use anything)
- 2 medium baking potatoes, sliced into thin wedges (about 1 pound total)
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary: 4 sprigs left whole, the last sprig's leaves roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Herby Honey Mustard Sauce to serve, if desired (see note, above)
Preheat the oven to 400° F.
Take the pork chops out of the fridge about 20 minutes prior to cooking to allow them to come to room temperature. This will avoid tough pork chops when cooked.
Brush a bit of the olive oil all over the bottom of a large sheet or baking pan.
Season the pork chops by drizzling a bit of the olive oil and rubbing in half of the Cajun seasoning. Place the pork chops on the prepared pan, spaced apart.
Scatter the apple and potato slices around the pork chops.
Drizzle a bit more of the olive oil on top of all and scatter the remaining Cajun seasoning. With clean hands toss and turn all to well coat the apples and potatoes.
Scatter the chopped rosemary on top, add the whole rosemary sprigs to the pan, and season everything well with a bit of salt and pepper.
Loosely cover the pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake a further 10 minutes until the pork chops are cooked through and the potatoes are tender.
Serve immediately and, as an option, serve with the Herby Honey Mustard Sauce.
Nutrition Analysis: 400 cal, 11 g fat, 105 mg chol, 115 mg sodium, 32 g carbs, 4 g fiber, 10 g sugar, 41 g protein
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/main-dish/roast-rosemary-pork-chops-apples-potatoes/
Copyright ©2020 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.