Put those seasonal vegetables to use with this tasty vegetarian lasagna — perfect for a chilly fall night. The Barilla® Gluten Free Oven-Ready Lasagne is the perfect gluten free base the whole family will love, made with a delicious blend of corn and rice. No boiling is needed, so simply layer with fillings, bake and enjoy.
For more recipes visit Barilla.com
- 1 box Barilla® Gluten Free Oven-Ready Lasagne
- 1½ quarts whole milk
- 8 tbsp. corn starch
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 butternut squash, shredded (4 cups)
- 1 leek, sliced into rondels
- 15 Brussels sprouts (whole)
- 1½ cups Parmigiano cheese, grated and divided
- 1 tsp. sweet paprika
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 °F. First, you’ll make a “béchamel”: In a pot, bring milk to a boil. Meanwhile, dilute the corn starch with 7 tablespoons of cold water and whisk into a slurry. Season with salt, nutmeg, paprika and 1 cup of Parmigiano cheese.
- In a separate skillet, heat olive oil and sauté all the vegetables over high heat until browned and thoroughly cooked. Season with salt and combine with the “béchamel” sauce you just made.
- In a 13 x 9 greased pan, layer ⅙ of the sauce mixture on the bottom of the pan and cover with 3 Barilla Gluten Free Oven-Ready Lasagne sheets. Repeat the process four more times.
- Top the last layer of sauce with the remaining cheese, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes or until perfectly browned on the top. Allow lasagna to set for 20 minutes before serving.