- 1 package extra firm tofu, drained cut into thick strips
- 1 bag frozen stir fry vegetable blend
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup honey + 2 tablespoons
- ¼ teaspoon pure orange extract
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Juice from ½ large orange + 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, to coat pan
In a bowl combine vinegar, honey, orange extract, orange juice, nutmeg, salt, and zest. Set aside.
In a large cast iron skillet heat olive oil, minced garlic, onions and tofu strips over medium heat. Sauté until just browned. Transfer tofu mixture to a bowl and set aside.
Heat should now be high enough to sauté vegetables. Add bag of veggies and continue to sauté for about 5-6 minutes on high heat. Reduce heat to medium and allow vegetables to cook down for 2 more minutes. Add garlic powder and lemon pepper.
Add tofu mixture, vinegar mixture and cook another 4 minutes sautéing constantly. Remove from heat and serve immediately.