- FOR THE AVOCADO SALSA
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 ripened avocado, cubed
- Juice of 1 fresh lime
- Small handful fresh cilantro, roughly chopped, including stems
- Salt and pepper to taste
- FOR THE FRIES
- 16 ounces (2 cups) steak-cut frozen French fries, cooked as directed
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese (low fat if desired)
- ASSEMBLING THE BOWL
- 1 cup pre-cooked carne asada meat, cubed into bite-size pieces
- Dollop of low-fat sour cream, if desired
- Freshly made avocado salsa
- Sliced jalapeños to serve
- Sliced radish to serve
- Fresh cilantro, roughly chopped to garnish
- Lime wedges to serve
- Mexican hot sauce of choice (I like Valentina for this dish)
First, prepare the avocado salsa by combining the first four ingredients in a medium bowl and gently stirring well to combine. Season with a bit of salt and pepper to taste.
To assemble the fries, place the cooked French fries onto a large, deep bowl or on a plate. Top with the shredded cheese and microwave until the cheese is nice and melty, roughly about 40 seconds. Keep in mind, all microwaves vary, so keep an eye on the melting.
Once the cheese is melted, add the cooked carne asada meat on top of the fries.
Next, top with a nice dollop of sour cream, a big scoop of the avocado salsa and some slices of jalapeños and radish, if desired. To finish, scatter a bit of fresh cilantro over top and serve with lime wedges and Mexican hot sauce to top, if desired.
Hand out some forks and enjoy.
Serving size: 4 servings.