Greek-Style Chicken with Artichoke Hearts
2 generous servings
Roast chicken left over from the day before makes a speedy, elegant return appearance when you team it with artichoke hearts, lemon and dill.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion (4 ounces), finely chopped
- 8 ounces frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill or ½ teaspoon dried, or to taste
- Fine sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) sun-dried tomatoes (soft pack variety)
- ½ cup gluten-free chicken broth, approximately
- 1½ cups (6 ounces) roasted chicken thigh meat, in bite-sized chunks
- 10 pitted Kalamata olives, rinsed and drained
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Fresh dill or anise sprigs, optional
- Hot long-grain white rice, to serve
Cooking time: 10 minutes.
Calories: 30, Carbohydrates: 20 g, Protein: 26 g, Fat: 28 g, Cholesterol: 115 mg, Sodium: 480 mg, Fiber: 8 g
Recipes © copyright 2014 by Jacqueline Mallorca
Gluten-Free Living Food Editor Jackie Mallorca has more than a dozen cookbooks to her credit. Her latest titles include The Wheat-Free Cook: Gluten-Free Recipes for Everyone and Gluten-Free Italian.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/main-dish/greek-chicken-artichoke-hearts/
Copyright ©2019 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.