Gluten-Free Tuna Cakes
Dill pickle relish adds a burst of flavor to this easy recipe for gluten-free tuna cakes, which will get you in and out of the kitchen fast.
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup dill pickle relish*
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- ½ cup dried gluten-free breadcrumbs, plus additional as needed
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- * If you don't keep dill relish in the house, replace it with a ½ teaspoon of dried dill and 3 tablespoons of chopped green onions.
Mix together eggs, mayonnaise, relish, parsley, breadcrumbs and black pepper. Stir until combined. Add the tuna. Stir to combine. If the mixture seems too wet, add one tablespoon of gluten-free breadcrumbs until the mixture holds together when pressed gently.
Form mixture into 12 patties, about ⅓ cup each, by shaping into balls and flattening with your hands. Place on a large plate or baking sheet lined with waxed paper.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Cook until patties are golden brown, about 4 minutes each side.
Nutrition Analysis: 600 cal, 36 g fat, 130 mg chol, 1210 mg sodium, 11 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 53 g protein.
Elizabeth Barbone, author of the cookbooks Easy Gluten-Free Baking and How to Cook Gluten-Free, is a regular contributor to Gluten-Free Living. She also blogs at glutenfreebaking.com.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/main-dish/gluten-free-tuna-cakes/
Copyright ©2021 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.