Devilled Roast Chicken Legs
In this favorite go-to weeknight recipe, the flavor and texture mimic crispy fried chicken but without all the hot oil. Seasoned with just a little heat (hence the devilled part), the ingredients are easy to halve or increase.
- 4 whole chicken legs, thighs & drumsticks (2 to 2½ pounds)
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon mild or hot paprika, such as Spanish “Chiquilin”
- 1 cup fresh gluten-free bread crumbs, made from 2 slices soft gluten-free wholegrain sandwich bread, such as Udi’s
- Olive oil cooking spray
Baking time: 40 minute.
Calories: 410, Carbohydrates: 6 g, Protein: 44 g, Fat: 22 g, Cholesterol: 235 mg, Sodium: 670 mg, Fiber: 0 g
Recipe © copyright 2014 by Jacqueline Mallorca.
The author of more than a dozen cookbooks, Gluten-Free Living Food Editor Jacqueline Mallorca has written titles including The Wheat-Free Cookand Gluten-Free Italian.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/main-dish/devilled-roast-chicken-legs/
Copyright ©2021 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.