Crock-Pot™ Pulled Pork
This Paleo and gluten- and dairy-free pulled pork recipe trades the grill for the convenience of the slow cooker. Note that you will need to make a batch of our Beasty BBQ Sauce for this recipe.
- Beasty BBQ Sauce: http://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/sides/beasty-bbq-sauce/
- 4 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground white pepper
- 2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 pounds bone-in pork shoulder
- ¼ cup water
- 1 full batch of Beasty BBQ Sauce (see related recipe)
Mix all the spices in a small bowl to make a spice rub. Massage the spice rub all over the meat, working it into every crevice.
Double-wrap the meat tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least three hours or overnight. You can refrigerate this for up to three days.
Unwrap the roast and place it in a slow cooker. Add ¼ cup of water, turn the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 to 10 hours until the meat is fork-tender.
Transfer the roast to a cutting board and discard all the liquid in the slow cooker. Pull the meat apart by tearing it into thin shreds with two forks or your fingers.
Place all the shredded meat back in the slow cooker and toss with Beasty BBQ Sauce. Heat on low for 60 minutes until hot and serve.
Nutrition Analysis: 510 cal, 34 g fat, 120 mg chol, 2500 mg sodium, 19 g carbs, 6 g fiber, 9 g sugar, 33 g protein.
Recipes by George Bryant, the California-based author of the New York Times best-selling cookbook, The Paleo Kitchen. He also blogs at civilizedcavemancooking.com, developing gluten-, grain- and dairy-free recipes.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/main-dish/crock-pot-pulled-pork/
Copyright ©2020 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.