Crispy Baked Chicken or Fish
While meat and potatoes make for a hearty meal, variety is the spice of life. This breaded chicken or fish recipe from Mary’s Gone Crackers uses their ready-made crumbs to make dinner prep especially quick and easy for those jam-packed weeknights. And nothing shakes up a classic recipe like bold dipping favorites, including ranch, BBQ, marinara and teriyaki – guaranteed to take dinner from delicious to finger-lickin’ good.
- Mary’s Gone Crackers: http://www.marysgonecrackers.com/
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or fish (you can substitute chicken breasts for thighs for a lower fat, white-meat version)
- 2 cups Mary’s Original Seed Crackers Caraway Crumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Trim excess fat and skin off chicken thighs or fish. Pat dry.
2. Mix Mary’s Gone Crackers Caraway Crumbs with Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
3. Coat chicken or fish thoroughly with crumbs first.
4. Dip chicken or fish in beaten egg.
5. Roll chicken or fish in crumbs again.
6. Place in lightly oiled baking dish.
7. Bake in 350° F oven until done (generally 25 – 30 minutes).
A tasty dipping sauce will add interest to breaded chicken or fish. And we all know kids love to dip. Here’s a list of some gluten-free bottled sauces when you need to add flavor fast.
Teriyaki: San-J, Kikkoman, (gluten-free flavor) Premier Japan
BBQ: Sweet Sass (three flavors), Bone Suckin’ Sauce, Butch’s Smack Your Lips BBQ
Marinara: Heinz; Newman’s Own, Hunt’s Chunky Marinara Spaghetti Sauce
Ranch: Marzetti Classic Ranch Dressing, Annie’s Naturals Organic Cowgirl Ranch Dressing, Litehouse (try the Jalapeno or the Yogurt Ranch with Kefir)
Thai Peanut Sauce: San-J
Sweet Chili Sauce: Cattle BoyZ
Preparation time: 35 minutes. Baking time: 25 to 30 minutes.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/main-dish/crispy-baked-chicken-fish/
Copyright ©2021 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.