The perfect meal for a rainy day, this hearty bake will keep you fueled for hours!
Coral Barajas is an award winning author, creator of @glutenfreewithcoral, and host of the No. 1 gluten-free podcast, Gluten Free You and Me. She provides hope, inspiration and resources, and through her advocacy, she has created a safe and uplifting community for all gluten-free warriors.
1. Cook beef until done (use meat thermometer to check for 160°F). Drain. While draining, sauté onion in a pot until translucent.
2. Add beef back in plus the rest of the chili base ingredients. Simmer for 10 minutes, then add to a 2-quart casserole dish.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the cornbread mix, egg, butter and milk. Once combined, pour over top of chili base.
4. Bake at 375°F for 20 to 30 minutes, until cornbread is golden brown.
5. Serve with cheese and dairy-free sour cream. Enjoy!
Courtesy of Coral Barajas.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/main-dish/chili-and-cornbread-bake/
Copyright ©2023 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.