The perfect meal for a rainy day, this hearty bake will keep you fueled for hours!
Coral Barajas is an award winning author, creator of @glutenfreewithcoral, and host of the No. 1 gluten-free podcast, Gluten Free You and Me. She provides hope, inspiration and resources, and through her advocacy, she has created a safe and uplifting community for all gluten-free warriors.
- [Image]: //cdn.glutenfreeliving.com/2021/01/Coral-Barajas-Headshot.jpg
- @glutenfreewithcoral: http://instagram.com/glutenfreewithcoral
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon chili seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package gluten-free, dairy-free cornbread mix
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter substitute
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk
- 1/4 cup dairy-free cheese
1. Cook beef until done (use meat thermometer to check for 160°F). Drain. While draining, sauté onion in a pot until translucent.
2. Add beef back in plus the rest of the chili base ingredients. Simmer for 10 minutes, then add to a 2-quart casserole dish.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the cornbread mix, egg, butter and milk. Once combined, pour over top of chili base.
4. Bake at 375°F for 20 to 30 minutes, until cornbread is golden brown.
5. Serve with cheese and dairy-free sour cream. Enjoy!
Preparation time: 10 minutes. Cooking time: 30 minutes.
Courtesy of Coral Barajas.
Source URL: https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/recipes/main-dish/chili-and-cornbread-bake/
Copyright ©2022 Gluten-Free Living unless otherwise noted.